BOOKINGS FOR 2018 ARE YET TO OPEN – PLEASE CHECK BACK IN THE NEW YEAR.
Due to popular demand, we have teamed up with the Bee’s Mobile Creche for the sixth year to offer Shambalan parents an amazing crèche with the ethics, professionalism and fun you would expect from Shambala. Go see a band, have a romantic dinner, or just remember what it’s like being at a festival without kids for a few hours.
A friendly swarm of Bees (experienced crèche workers) will be hosting a hive of activity in their new play space. The crèche will cater for children on a 3:1 ratio and offers three 3-hour sessions daily. The crèche will provide a safe play space, with indoor and outdoor fun for 2-7 yr olds. Enjoy the festival knowing your little one is having as much fun as you enjoying, learning about the buzz of the bees.
- The crèche is located in a secure area within the Kid’s Field
- Session times are: 9am – 12noon/ 1pm – 4pm/ 5pm – 8pm
- The creche opens Friday morning and closes Sunday afternoon at 12pm
- Fees are £7 per hour per child (no booking fees).
- Only one session per child on each day is allowed
- Bookings taken on a first come first serve basis -online bookings will close when all sessions have been booked
- The Bee’s Mobile Creche is run by qualified and experienced staff, has public liability insurance and is a not-for-profit project which aims to provide a quality experience for the kids as much as relive the parents for 3 hours.
- Paediatric First Aid staff are working on all shifts
- Please read Terms and Conditions of Use before booking (download pdf below)
Each session will offer a wide range of activities:
- A chill-out space for reading books and playing with age-related toys and jigsaws
- A covered sandpit with buckets and spades
- A musical and dancing space.
- The honey dance and our personal favourite dance – the ‘Buzz-buzz-buzz-wiggle-wiggle-wiggle’ – both explain how the Bees dance in the hive to alert other bees to fresh pollen
- An outdoor space for ball games, hula hoops and general games (weather permitting)
- Making bees in a variety of shapes and sizes using cardboard, pipe cleaners etc.
- Making bee bunting to decorate the crèche and themselves
- Weaving and cross stitching
- Tissue paper flowers for our art garden flowers to attract bees into our crèche
- Making battery-operated night lanterns to take away
- Hands on Arts and Crafts – plenty of sticking and gluing, painting and drawing, all with a bee theme
- The Living Wild Flower Garden which will look at flowers and help children remember their names. Also planting seeds, digging and potting and talking about why bees are so important in pollinating plants to make them grow
*Note that when sessions are fully booked you will be unable to select them in the online booking form. If you are booking sessions for more than one child you will need to make separate bookings for each child – sorry we know this is a pain.
You can email enquiries to email@example.com
What to do at the festival
Feel free to visit us at the crèche with or without your child/children on Thursday afternoon between 5 and 6pm to view the area and ask any questions. Note that you can’t leave your child with us for this session!
Please be aware that the signing-in parent/carer at registration must be the parent/carer to collect the child at the end of the session. No other person will be allowed to leave with that child during or at the end of the session.
Please also note that the Child Sign-in Form must be signed before we can accept the child into the crèche. Full terms and conditions can be found here.
We look forward to buzzing in a field with you soon.