The deal with ticket resales

Home Forums Shambaholics Forum The deal with ticket resales

This topic contains 94 replies, has 51 voices, and was last updated by  aisling 1 year, 11 months ago.

• Author

aisling
    Keymaster

Hi Shambalans!

Wow, so many of you looking for tickets!

So after 1pm today there will be a limited number of tickets resold on the ticket page https://www.theticketsellers.co.uk/tickets/shambala-festival-2013/10023083?wlid=279;3

These are the 50/50 tickets where the balance hasn’t been paid.

These will be sold as ADULT RESALE tickets on the page. As there are so many people in need of tickets, we are also reselling unwanted tickets through our website so they will become available as and when…you just need to keep an eye out for when they become available.

Good luck!

Aisling x

nancypat
    Participant

I will miss my gym class for this – far more important! x

eveiebaby
    Participant

Innit nancy. I am getting fat all for shambala.

Bradkirby95
    Participant

Will they all be adult tickets or teens as well ?

kitcodling
    Participant

Thanks magic ticket lady

aisling
    Keymaster

They’ll be adult tickets. Some teen tickets may become available but they’ll need to be purchased by somebody holding an adult ticket.

lulumo
    Participant

Thanks, you are a star!

bilson_2
    Participant

how many tickets?

aisling
    Keymaster

My pleasure!

aisling
    Keymaster

About 20-30 tickets

bilson_2
    Participant

hope I get 1 πŸ™

OliverBarnett
    Participant

me too

bilson_2
    Participant

how are they getting sold?

KatRyalls
    Participant

hope!

Sarah3103
    Participant

Are they already sold out? It says sold out?

olly
    Participant

Gone already?

bilson_2
    Participant

they went on sale before 1? saying sold out from before 1

Jonny Weston
    Participant

It’s not working! I selected 1 adult ticket and it took me through to payment, saying I owed only 10Β£ … then cancelled πŸ™

adelayde
    Participant

I think your form isn’t working. I tried to buy a ticket, it WAS available and all it did was try to charge me Β£11 for a water bottle!!!

What can I do Aisling?

nancypat
    Participant

That was ridiculous – and they clearly went on sale before 1!
    Tears!!! πŸ™

NMorrison
    Participant

I had one went to checkout and it had gone! gutted x

emma.monteith2005
    Participant

they cant have sold out in a under a minute really?

debbiesentbygod
    Participant

Oh no disaster…it let me put two tickets in my basket, I hit pay immediately and then it said sold out πŸ™

Will we get alerts when other resales become available or what’s the best way of doing it?

emma.monteith2005
    Participant

was anyone actually able to buy one?!

Jonny Weston
    Participant

The ticketing corrupted twice for me – anyone else? I have possibly the fastest broadband available.

Really, really disappointed. πŸ™ πŸ™ πŸ™ πŸ™ πŸ™

Mandy-Lou
    Participant

I think they’ve gone. I got to select number of tickets, but by the time I clicked to buy they were gone

Jonny Weston
    Participant

@debbiesentbygod – looks like the site corrupted. Well, serendipitous perhaps.

aisling
    Keymaster

They’re gone I’m afraid guys…they sold out in 20 seconds!

We will be putting unwanted tickets up for resale as and when though so keep an eye on the ticket page and you might get lucky!

x

olly
    Participant

So there won’t be another bath resale of unwanted tickets?

emma.monteith2005
    Participant

just rang up and they are definitely all sold out it wasnt a corruption problem

aisling
    Keymaster

There won’t be another batch no, but unwanted tickets may become available in ones and twos so keep an eye out!

aisling
    Keymaster

There won’t be another batch no, but unwanted tickets may become available in ones and twos so keep an eye out!

NatashaH
    Participant

Hi Aisling – thanks for all the help information. Could you let us know as soon as the resale sells out? I’m getting cramp from clicking refresh with my mouse so much!

aisling
    Keymaster

They sold out in under 20 seconds I’m afraid Natasha!

Bethanyb
    Participant

I had a ticket in my basket and when I went to checkout it said Β£11 recycling but no ticket ??? Help I’m very sad πŸ™ x

aisling
    Keymaster

That means that it was sold out by the time you got to the checkout Bethany. We’re just as astounded as you guys about how quickly they went. Sorry!

olly
    Participant

Can I put a deposit on 3 unwanted tickets? I can’t spend all day on the page Im at work haha

vicdan
    Participant

Please release another batch πŸ™ a hundred more wouldn’t hurt, the more the merrier!

aisling
    Keymaster

You know we’d LOVE to be able to give everyone tickets but it’s just not possible πŸ™

olly
    Participant

Could we have a notification when unwanted tickets come on?

aisling
    Keymaster

That won’t be possible I’m afraid…you’ll just have to keep an eye out.

Ta5h1e
    Participant

Oh nooo they’ve already sold out!! =(

KatRyalls
    Participant

I got one, I love you kind resalers xx

freakifrank
    Participant

Teen Ticket needed. Group of us going and Ive just checked all our bookings and realised we are short of a teen ticked .Can anyone help PLEASE.

Ruth
    Participant

1 ticket needed with the add on of my four year old daughter! Help!! Please

NB92
    Participant

If anyone is looking to sell an adult ticket, I am definitely looking to buy one!!! Thank you

dfallen1
    Participant

I have a spare ticket but not sure how to sell it as i brought 3 at the same time and are on 1 E-ticket. anyone know how i can sell it to someone else?

lambert
    Participant

i put an add on to gumtree and got 2 tickets from a great guy thanks kevin

benskerritt
    Participant

hi dfallen1 (mate),

I’d be completely happy to buy the ticket off you. do you have an email/phone number i can contact you on and we can WORK SOMETHING OUT i’m sure!

Cheers,

Ben

Jhettsmum
    Participant

indeed have they gone already or have they not yet been put up which would be preferable ?

Jhettsmum
    Participant

ah i see the game here sold in 20 seconds …

ye in reply to dfallen1 if youv still got that ticket id love iit would mean the world to me … would even be happy to just come in with you under the same e ticket to make things essayer have you got a more effective means of contact than this fourum …
    let me know dude

dfallen1
    Participant

dogtribe
    Participant

hey dfallen, if that tickets not gone then id really like to get it. I can meet you at the gate or whatever you would prefer. let me know if you still have it available. Thanks

dfallen1
    Participant

Hi all sorry ticket has now gone to Sam.

lambert
    Participant

hi have sent a messege as i think in mayb have been skammed

dfallen1
    Participant

Who scammed you?

fairweather
    Participant

I can’t believe that there is not a ticket out there for me… this was going to be my first ever Shambala and it’s my best friends birthday and I missed the tickets by 2 hours!! Anyone know anyone who knows anyone who has a ticket…?

lkpimm
    Participant

hi will there be anymore tickets put up for resale?? i really hope so…need just 1 adult ticket:(

mishaalysha
    Participant

libertybaz
    Participant

Hi, looking for two adult tickets! I know there are so many of you looking…good luck to all!

mrfrisbee
    Participant

As you are allowing tickets to be sold back even this week can I suggest that the below FAQ is changed on the Shambala website – this will help stop tickets going on places like Gumtree and reduce the chance of scamming…

Q. Oh no! I can’t make it, can I get a refund on tickets?
    A. You can refund tickets up to 4 weeks ahead of the event. This is a Shambala specific exception to the T&Cs of our ticket agent. No refunds can be given for any reason after this time.

FYI at least two lots of 3-4 tickets have been released back this afternoon (I saw them and bought some myself). You may find that this helps you too…

Page Monitor For Chrome

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by  mrfrisbee.

Ella
    Participant

where are these tickets being released?

mishaalysha
    Participant

Where can I get a ticket!?xx

mcrich
    Participant

OK , NOW i am Confused i have 3 Adult Tickets along with parking permit That I Want to Return !!!
    Will I Get a refund or NOT ??
    Also…
    If i CAN get refund How long do i have to wait for payment and do i lose booking fees ????????

aisling
    Keymaster

@mcrich – call the TicketSellers on 0844 870 0000

dfallen1
    Participant

You will get a return for tickets and parking but not the booking fee. Ticketsellers are a third party company so will charge the next person a booking fee for them as well

SamanthaRohani
    Participant

Is it worth keeping an eye out here for more resales?

HollyTurner
    Participant

Hi @mcrich if you don’t get a refund please give me a shout 07725346706

undermywheels
    Participant

Will there be more re-sale tickets avaliable at any point? Would seem people are still returning them.

aisling
    Keymaster

@undermywheels – they are being put back on the website as soon as we get them but they are very few and far between

kdoc
    Participant

I returned two early bird tickets this evening. Small admin fee for doing so. But apparently should be nearly a full refund besides. Should be processed in the morning so would imagine those tickets will go up then – however, they said they’d most likely sell full priced tickets in their place.

Would have sold on privately but was only returning 2 of 4 so didn’t want to risk someone hijacking the other two tickets and it seems people have been ripped off on this site already. Going to miss going but already planning purchasing the super early birds in a couple of weeks!

I’m glad this event sells out but it would be great if there was a system for resale or return such as a waiting list after event sells out. Might encourage those who need to offload tickets to not do so privately or encourage people to only go through theticketsellers. Hope everyone who goes has a great time and hopefully see you next year!

fnord
    Participant

@aisling – When is the latest people are able to get a refund on tickets? I have one but I’m holding out for another.. however if I can’t get my boyfriend a ticket I’m going to have to get a refund for the ticket I already have. πŸ™

mcrich
    Participant

HollyTurner
    Participant

I just got two on resale so they are trickling through…… Keep refreshing!!! πŸ™‚

fnord
    Participant

Bah, that serves me right for going to bed last night! Really pleased for you though, Holly – I can see you’ve been trying to get tickets for ages. πŸ™‚

(And thanks for the offer mcrich, but I have trust issues when buying e-tickets from internet folk. I’ll give it a few days and see how I feel then!)

mrfrisbee
    Participant

Those of you still looking for tickets – I will give you a little tip.

If you use Google Chrome – download the plugin for it called Page Monitor. This will help you IMMENSELY as it will tell you as soon as tickets come available on the official site.

I cannot tell you how to set it up but it is very simple (and free).

Georgenius
    Participant

How do I go about selling my tickets back to shambala so someone can buy them safely?!

aisling
    Keymaster

@Georgegenius call 0844 870 0000

Georgenius
    Participant

Thanks πŸ™‚

fraggle_babe
    Participant

I want to buy the re-sale ticket!!! How can I go about this please????

aisling
    Keymaster

You need to keep an eye on the website

Akid
    Participant

I just bought a re-sale ticket – 3 have gone up in the last hour = they’re definitely still available if you keep looking!!

chicka
    Participant

nice one, a success story πŸ™‚

fraggle_babe
    Participant

Mission impossible! I just sat for over an hr refreshing and five times clicked on a ticket but in the 30secs it takes to add it to your basket its already been sold!!! Highly annoying πŸ™ very dissapointed!

aisling
    Keymaster

We are now fairly certain that alot of this is the work of one or two scammers. If you have had any experience with a scammer please can you call Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040 as they are investigating who this individual is. Please also let us know when you’ve done this.

As much detail as possible would be good so the name he used, any phone numbers he called from, any distinguishing things about him (accent etc.) email addresses, how he scammed you, what he sent you, bank account details etc. etc.

dobell2790
    Participant

Hallo,

I’ve tried applying to be part of the medical team (as a doctor) but it’s unclear whether staff are still needed. I’ve tried contacting Shambala through the email form but can’t seem to send the message through!

Will you be looking for any more doctors?

LucyShambala
    Participant

@dobell2790 You can still apply through the website, however we cannot guarantee you will be needed at this late a stage. The link to apply is: http://www.shambalafestival.org/2016/application/medical-first-aid-staff/

Best of luck!

aisling
    Keymaster

@fnord call the TicketSellers – they are in control of refunding 0844 870 0000

Akid
    Participant

Hello Aisling,

I have just found out that a friend may have to drop out – not 100% sure yet.

I contacted ticket sellers to ask when the last refunds would be offered. They told me it was up to Shambala but possibly today.

Could you confirm when my last refund time will be as I need to get a firm decision from my friend before I ask for a refund but don’t want to be too late.

Many thanks

Arris
    Participant

Hello , desperate for a ticket, every one of my mates is going except for me. Boo hoo ., my name is nick and my number is 07592609872 willing to pay a bit extra, cheers big ears xxxx

LittleMissPage
    Participant

How do I sell my unwanted ticket. I’m sure that there are still many people wanting to buy them but I’m not sure how to sell it back.

aisling
    Keymaster

@littlemisspage you can call the TicketSellers on 0844 870 0000 – however the festival starts today, so its rather unlikely you will be able to get a refund at this stage.

Whiterabbit1
    Participant

@littlemisspage. Can I buy your ticket? Is that allowed? I have missed out. I need an adult and a child tkt to join friend with his 5 yr old littlie in a Hearthenworks tipi. I want to write a feature on festivals and kids. I was at Wilderness without reception just as the hammer fell. have fun all. Im not giving up yet .
    Nicky. White Rabbit Media. Bristol.

Janeyjane56
    Participant

Hi Aisling
    We were due to attend Shambala this year and have paid in full including a campervan pass. My partner has been admitted to hospital with heart problems and we will be unable to attend. We could really do with the money so we can book (optimistically) for next year. Can we sell through you??
    Fingers crossed

Debbie

aisling
    Keymaster

Hi Janey,

Sorry to hear that. Give the TicketSellers a call on 0844 870 0000 and they’ll be able to refund you.

Thanks,

Aisling

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.