Please read the information below carefully. This is where we explain what you agree to by purchasing a ticket for the festival, including conditions of entry to site and site rules, use of images, terms and deadlines of our deposit scheme. Terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
TICKETS – GENERAL INFORMATION
The Ticket Sellers (TTS) are our sole ticket agent.
24hr line: 0121 472 6688
Tickets to ‘Shambala Festival’ are sold by and on behalf of Kambe Events Ltd. Kambe Events Ltd reserves the right to change all, or any, arrangements concerning Shambala Festival without notice, nor with any obligation whatsoever to refund.
The purchase of tickets and subsequent entry onto the event site constitutes an acceptance by the purchaser and entrants of these terms and conditions, and implies an undertaking on the part of those to observe them.
In the event of any breach of these terms & conditions, Kambe Events Ltd, it’s staff and agents reserves the right, to cancel tickets, to refuse admission, to remove the holder, or to confiscate offending articles, as the case may be, and in any case, to retain any monies paid for the relevant ticket(s).
Ticket(s) purchased will be confirmed via email on the day of purchase. All e-tickets (and any applicable routing passes associated with the purchase of vehicle tickets) will be sent by email on the 1st of August 2018. If there is a change of email address subsequent to ticket purchase, it is the purchaser’s responsibility to update their account details with the ticket agent, to ensure receipt of e-tickets.
Kambe Events Ltd reserves the right to refuse admission, charge additional surcharges if the incorrect ticket has been purchased and may conduct security searches of person and belongings on entry to the event to meet our duty of care and licensing conditions.
Kambe Events Ltd reserves the right to cancel tickets purchased for any reason.
TICKET PRICES* 2018
- Tier 1 Adult £149.00
- Tier 2 Adult £159.00
- Tier 3 Adult £169.00
- Tier 4 Adult £179.00 (Deposit ticket option applicable)
- Tier 5 Adult £189.00 (Deposit and Easy Pay ticket options applicable)
- Tier 1 Shambala Express Package Adult £134.00
- Tier 2 Shambala Express Package Adult £144.00
- Tier 3 Shambala Express Package Adult £154.00
- Tier 4 Shambala Express Package Adult £164.00
- Tier 5 Shambala Express Package Adult £174.00
- Carer Ticket £FOC (phone order required)
- Teen £89 (15 – 17yrs only – ID required)
- Child £39 (5yrs – 14yrs – ID required)
- Under 5yrs FOC (must be booked)
- Car Pass £35
- Campervan Pass £50.00
- Family/Quieter Campervan Pass £50.00
- Large Campervan Pass £60.00
- Motorbike Pass £5.00
- Secure Cycle Parking £ FOC
Shambala Express Coach Ticket Prices:
- Birmingham £15.00 (15+) Kids £7.50 (0-14 inclusive)
- Sheffield £15.00 (15+) Kids £7.50 (0-14 inclusive)
- London £20.00 (15+) Kids £10.00 (0-14 inclusive)
- Bristol £23.00 (15+) Kids £11.50 (0-14 inclusive)
- Brighton £26.00 (15+) Kids £13.0 (0-14 inclusive)
- Manchester £20.00 (15+) Kids £10.00 (0-14 inclusive)
- £10 applied to all orders which include an adult ticket(s) – see below for full information
*All ticket prices stated are “face value” amounts and all ticket types are subject to booking fees applied by TheTicketSellers.
TICKET TERMS AND CONDITIONS
“Names on Tickets”
- In order to help prevent fraudulent activity all types of tickets must be named as part of the booking process.
- It is essential attendees supply unique details for each person ticket – ID will be checked upon arrival to site.
- An email address, phone number and name for every person attending is required.
- In the case of Child tickets and Under 5s tickets the minors name should be entered, but it is acceptable for parents / guardians on site to use their email address and phone number.
- Teen tickets must have unique details.
- Ancillary tickets must also be assigned to an individual name and contact, but it is expected and acceptable to repeat details from other person tickets in your order.
- Once you have entered your “names on tickets” all details are editable by logging into your TTS account up to the point of redemption of any particular e-ticket.
- Tier 1 Adult tickets are restricted to a maximum of 2 per unique purchaser.
- Tier 2 Adult tickets are restricted to a maximum of 2 per unique purchaser.
- Deposit Tickets applies to Shambala Tier 4 & Tier 5 adult tickets only.
- Payment is permitted in 2 installments to the value of £179 for Tier 4 and £189 for Tier 5, plus booking fees.
- The second and final payment must be made by the 1st of June 2018.
- Cancellations or non-fulfillment of orders will result in voided tickets and any deposits paid under the “Deposit” ticketing options are non-refundable.
Easy Pay Tickets
- Easy Pay ticket applies to Shambala Tier 5 tickets only.
- An initial payment of £40, along with a one off booking fee is required per “Easy Pay” ticket.
- The balance is payable in discretionary instalments (amounts and number of payments) within the timeframe specified.
- All Easy Pay tickets must be paid for in full by the 1st of June 2018.
- Cancellations and non-fulfillment of orders will result in tickets being voided and any payments already made under the “Easy Pay” scheme are non-refundable.
Shambala Express Packages
- The tiered Shambala Express packages offer a £15 saving on Adult tickets, but must be purchased in conjunction with a Shambala Express coach tickets.
- The discounted adult ticket is offered for coach travellers only and you must arrive on the coach.
- If a Shambala ticket holder does not arrive to the festival on the coach, a £40 surcharge will apply at the gate to gain entry to the event.
- See further coach information below and on the main website travel pages.
Free Carer Tickets
- Free Carer tickets are available to attendees on DLA middle or higher rate allowances.
- Free Carer Tickets must be booked via TheTicketSellers on 0844 870 0000.
- Eligibility for a Free Carer Ticket does not entitle purchasers to a space in the Accessible Camping Area (ACA). The Accessible Camping Area is provided for those with mobility and/or other specific needs. Spaces must be booked in advance by 1st August using the application form HERE. Spaces are limited and are issued on needs based assessment and on a first come first served basis.
- Teen tickets are valid for ages 15 to 17 inclusive ONLY. Ages are applicable on the opening day of the event in any given year.
- The lead adult purchaser is the assumed guardian and responsible adult for any under 18’s they purchase tickets for.
- Proof of age will be required at the gate on entry – see below for accepted ID.
- Teen tickets may only be purchased with/in addition to an existing order of adult tickets, by an adult of 21 years or older.
- A maximum of 2 Teen tickets (and or a total of 3 minors under 18) per qualifying adult may be purchased.
- All teens must be accompanied by their associated guardian/adult on the ticket system upon entry to the festival.
- Child tickets are valid for ages 5 to 14 inclusive. Ages are applicable on the opening day of the event in any given year.
- The lead adult purchaser is the assumed guardian and responsible adult for any under 18’s they purchase tickets for.
- Proof of age may be required on entry – see below for accepted ID
- Child tickets may only be purchased with/in addition to an existing order of adult tickets, by an adult of 21 years or older.
- A maximum of 3 Child tickets (or 2 Teen tickets) per qualifying adult may be purchased.
- All children must be accompanied by their associated guardian/adult on the ticket system upon entry to the festival.
Under 5yrs Tickets
- Under 5’s tickets are valid for ages 0-4yrs inclusive. Ages are applicable on the opening day of the event in any given year.
- Under 5’s tickets must be booked and registered
Proof of age
All age conditions, on all ticket types apply to the day of opening of Shambala Festival, not the date of ticket purchase.
Photographic proof of identification may be required and must be either Drivers License, Passport, or part of the PASS Scheme – www.pass-scheme.org.uk
Admission may be refused or surcharges applied if you arrive at the event with tickets of the wrong age bracket fro the holder.
- Campervan and Family / Quieter campervan passes are valid for converted live-in vehicles (or caravans) up to 6 meters in length.
- Large Campervan Passes are valid for converted live-in vehicles (or caravans) between 6 meters and 8 meters.
- Campervans over 8 meters are not permitted at the festival (we cannot accommodate them), and will be turned away on entry regardless of the vehicle pass type purchased.
- A surchage will be applied at the gate if you have an incorrect ticket.
- Cars towing caravans will be required to unhitch.
- Towing cars do not count towards the length measurements and limits of all campervan passses.
- Family / Quieter campervan passes indicate a greater distance from event sound sources, but it is not guaranteed there will be no noise.
- Campervans are permitted to have one small tent (no more than 6m in any direction) and / or an awning as part of their plot.
- Campervans are loaded sequentially on entry and we cannot guarantee that you can be placed near to friends who have arrived at a different time.
Car Park Passes
- One Car Park Pass is required per car and must be purchased in advance.
- It is not permitted that cars are slept in during the event.
- One Motorcycle Pass is required per motorcycle.
- Once parked, it is not permitted to exit and re-enter with the vehicle.
- All departures to site are on the Thursday of the event opening, with morning departures from all points and selected afternoon departures.
- It is the purchaser’s responsibility to ensure they have booked the correct departure point and time.
- All coaches return from site to their departure points on the Monday after the festival – you are requested to be at the departure point 30 minutes prior to departure.
- Refunds will not be made if you miss your departure on either leg of the journey, nor does Shambala or Kambe Events Ltd have any obligation to secure alternate travel.
RECYCLING DEPOSIT TICKETS
- Each adult ticket booking will incur a £10 refundable Recycling Deposit – regardless of how many people tickets are within the order.
- The Recycling Deposit is refundable onsite in exchange for a bag of recycling and at the designated Recycling Exchange.
- Either £10 in cash or a Festival Pack, if you sort your own recycling, or £5 if you ‘drop and go’, may be redeemed onsite.
- Please note that bags with recyclable and non-recyclable waste mixed will not be accepted. Instructions on recyclable waste can be found on the website, the festival program, and on the waste bags.
- Those who do not redeem their deposit onsite will forfeit their deposit. It is the ticket holders’ responsibility to be aware of the opening times of the recycling centre, and deposits can only be redeemed onsite by taking the actions outlined above.
CANCELLATION, MISUSE AND REFUNDS
- Although we will do our best to keep you informed of any cancellation, it is the ticket holders’ responsibility to establish whether an event has been cancelled and the date and time of any rearranged event.
- Kambe Events Ltd has no obligation to refund any monies or exchange tickets should the programme be altered, or varied, for any reason.
- Tickets are sold “subject to license” approval.
- In the event of the unforeseen cancellation of the event, tickets may be transferable to a future event, at the discretion of Kambe Events Ltd.
- Only tickets bought via the official website and issued via our official agent are valid. Avoid disappointment and fraud – please do not buy or sell tickets from anywhere else (forums, eBay, Gum Tree etc).
- Tickets cannot be transferred or re-sold except via official channels (TheTicketsSellers).
- If tickets are found to have been re-sold or transferred for profit, or commercial gain (for example being sold on eBay for more than the original face value), by anyone other than Kambe Events Ltd and their ticket agent, it will be voided and the holder refused entry.
- Under normal circumstances all Shambala Festival tickets are refundable up to 4 weeks ahead of the opening date of the event (Please note this is a a face value refund (i.e. less booking and transaction fees). Refunds beyond this point are discretionary and Kambe Events Ltd reserves the right to refuse..
- All ticket and refund enquiries must be directed to the official ticket agent from whom tickets were purchased. The Ticket Sellers (08448700000 / theticketsellers.co.uk)
- Kambe Events Ltd is unable to accept any liability to replace any tickets lost, stolen, damaged or unauthorised use of e-ticket codes resulting from the sharing, deliberate or accidental, of e-codes by purchasers, after they have been received. NB. Once an e-ticket is used or ‘spent’, it becomes invalid and any further persons attempting to use the e-code will be refused entry.
- Force Majeure: In the case of circumstances beyond normal control, such as war, civil or political unrest, actions and orders from the authorities, strikes, catastrophes, extreme weather, epidemics or other severe damages or highly unexpected factors Kambe Events Ltd may be forced to cancel the Festival, and all tickets will become non-refundable.
- Tickets purchased by Bitcoin and the associated ticket holders, are subject to all the normal terms and conditions outlined in these terms and conditions. In addition, Kambe Events Ltd reserves the right to make any applicable refunds in either £GBP Sterling, or in Bitcoin, solely at the discretion of Kambe Events Ltd.
Site rules apply to camping areas, which include the published Campsite Fire Rules (see info page on the website), personal conduct, such as acceptable noise levels, and management of waste. Site rules must be observed. We reserve the right to eject individuals or groups not following the community site rules or displaying antisocial behaviour.
- Fires are permitted in campsites if off the ground, and deemed to be responsibly managed are permitted. Fires are not permitted in any car parks.
- No animals may not be brought anywhere on site. (Registered guide dogs are an exception to this rule).
- No glass is permitted on the festival site for safety. Searches will be carried out on entry. Any items which are not allowed into the event should be left in the owners car and not brought into the festival. Glass identified during searches on entry will be confiscated and forfeited or entry may be denied.
- Shambala Festival and Kambe Events Ltd have a no drugs policy and reserve the right to eject anyone suspected of taking illegal substances or infringement of this policy.
- Our eviction policy also includes the use of nitrous oxide and tagging.
Items which you cannot bring to the festival
- Glass: We do not allow glass on site for safety reasons
- Non-personal / Excessive amount of cigarettes [at the descretion of Kambe Events and staff]
- Non-personal /Excessive amounts of alcohol [at the descretion of Kambe Events and staff]
- Non-personal /Excessive amounts of soft drinks [at the descretion of Kambe Events and staff]
- Any items with an intention to retail without prior arrangement.
- Nitrous oxide
- Sound Systems [without prior written approval from the Festival]
- Unauthorised goods with any Shambala logo or branding
- Body piercing equipment
- Candle flares [without written approval from the Markets Manager]
- Floating / sky lanterns
- Gas bottles larger than 2.7 kg
Shambala’s Nudity Policy
Shambala’s policy on nudity aims to balance a supportive approach to an individual’s wish to feel free and safe to choose to be without clothes, and wider considerations about everyone’s comfort and safety. Shambala considers public nudity of a non-sexual manner to be natural. We welcome respectful [adult] nudity in the campsites and main outdoor festival areas in daylight hours, and of course in the Sauna and Spa areas at all times. As part of our general approach to sexual safety, and a commitment to ensuring everyone’s comfort, nudity is not permitted in indoor venues (other than activities such as talks or workshops where attendees are predominantly seated) or dense crowds due to the anonymity these environments provide for those who may not be acting respectfully or within the law. Adult nudity is not permitted in the Children’s field (Playtopia) and Woodland Tribe Area’s.
- All attendees must adhere to the rules and regulations of the venue, the event organisers (Kambe Events Ltd) and of Shambala Festival.
- It is possible that exposure to loud music may cause damage to hearing, please bring your own ear protection.
- Please be aware that lighting effects including strobe lighting may be used.
- It is the responsibility of attendees to check gate opening and closing times – which may change without notice. Ticket holders will not be admitted outside of these times.
- Re-entry of vehicles is not permitted.
- Kambe Events bears no responsibility, nor can it refund any train tickets purchased by attendees via our Loco2 link. All arrangements are external and any dispute solely between purchaser and Loco2.
- Re-entry of persons is subject to our exit and re-entry system, and re-entry is at the discretion of Kambe Events Ltd and its staff.
- Kambe Events Ltd, Shambala Festival and our official agents can accept no responsibility for any personal property. Please do not bring unnecessary valuable items or excessive amounts of cash, as card payments are available on our bars and ATMs are on site.
- Ticket holders consent to video filming, photography and sound recording as members of the “audience”. The audience has no rights to these images, and agrees to the free use of these images and recordings by Kambe Events Ltd or any authorised third parties in any reasonable manner without claim.
- Terms and conditions are subject to change at any time. We encourage you to review regularly for any changes.
- ROAR – Right of admission reserved by Kambe Events Ltd and Shambala Festival at all times.
All of these terms and conditions are governed by English law.