Over the past 4 years, Shambala’s ‘Flags For…’ campaigns have raised over £23,000 for incredible causes. This year, we’re raising funds for Unseen – a charity who do vital work in the fight against modern slavery and human trafficking.
This isn’t a cause that gets a large amount of media spotlight, but it’s a huge and urgent issue both here in the UK and around the world. The following stats make for harrowing reading:
- Today there are 24.9 million victims of forced labour, more than any other time in history.
- 1 in every 200 people in the world are currently enslaved.
- 1 in 4 victims of modern slavery are children.
- According to the National Crime Authority, in 2017, British nationals made up the highest proportion of modern slavery victims within the UK – an increase of nearly 100% vs the previous year.
We’re asking YOU, the great people of Shambala to join the fight against modern day slavery – and in doing so, you’ll get the chance to win the very, very last tickets to this years’ festival!
For every donation received, Shambala will fly a string of prayer flags on the Shambala Stage. This will create a striking and beautiful symbol of our support and prayers for those who have had their lives devastated through slavery
- If you donate £6 or more before August 3rd 2019, you will be entered into a prize draw to win ONE ADULT TICKET to Shambala 2019.
- If you donate £13 or more before August 3rd 2019, you will be entered into a separate prize draw to win TWO ADULT TICKETS to this year’s sold out Shambala Festival.
- We will contact the winners of both prizes via email on August 4th 2019.
- 100% of your sponsorship money will go directly to Unseen
Please dig deep, Shambala – together we can change lives!
If you think someone may be a victim of modern slavery, please call the Modern Slavery Helpline on 08000 121 700.