We’ve just totted up all the fundraisers and charity initiatives we ran before and during Shambala 2019 and we’re bowled over with the total. With your help, we’ve raised a whopping £105,134 for so many worthy causes.
As a mid-sized festival, it’s incredible the amount we can muster up collectively. A massive CHEERS to all of you generous souls who contributed, donated, or volunteered your time for charity this year.
To highlight just a few of the ways this figure was raised
- You sponsored the strings of prayer flags flying from The Shambala Stage, with all proceeds going to Unseen – a charity working to end modern day slavery.
- Sales of our reusable steel water bottles raised funds for FRANK Water‘s sanitation projects – helping provide safe drinking water in India and Nepal.
- Oxfam’s cheerful army of highly visible heroes helped keep the whole event ticking over whilst raising money to fight poverty – thank you to all of our amazing stewards.
- NOSH Community Cafe served up delicious fare to our festival goers, with proceeds supporting charitable and social causes within the local area.
- All proceeds from our phone charging hubs and the management of our lost property went to Temwa – an incredible charity who run various community projects in Malawi.
- The funds raised through carbon-offsetting donations turned our audience (and crew) travel miles into investments into renewable energy, through Energy Revolution.
- Love Specs made heart-shaped magic happen in front of your eyes, with the profits going to Love Support Unite, and their sustainable farming programme in the rural remote area of T/A M’bang’ombe in Lilongwe district.
- The proceeds from the delicious grub on offer in Rebel Soul’s cafe have been donated to a variety of small, grass roots causes.
- Our on site merchandise team also raised much needed funds for Bansang Hospital.
- Our My Cause volunteers raised funds for their chosen charities, which included: Amnesty International, Cancer Research UK, HART Wildlife Rescue, Mind, Palestine Children’s Relief Fund, Surfers Against Sewage and War Child to name a few!
- Other wonderful causes we’ve supported over the year are: The Flying Seagull Project; Stop Ecocide; The Giving Tree (Birmingham food bank); Kelmarsh Trust; Sleep Pod and Aidbox Community.
Amazing work, everybody!
The Shambala team x