Shambala aims to be a festival that everyone can enjoy. We know that accurate information is vital and we do our best to tell you everything that you may need to know in order to plan your festival and keep you moving around site. The following pages contains a host of useful information regarding accessibility at Shambala. If you have a query which is not covered here, please contact the Accessibility Team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shambala has the following services to support our disabled, neurodivergent and d/Deaf festival goers:
- BSL interpreter booking service
- BSL interpreted performances
- Viewing platforms and areas
- Accessibility aid charging point
- Wheelchair accessible toilets
- RADAR key hire scheme
- Wheelchair accessible shower
- Accessible Camping Area
- Accessible parking
- Wheel chair accessible coaches
- Personalised shuttle bus service from Pick Up & Drop Off point / coach & shuttle point to campsites.
- Lowered bars
- Cold storage for medicine (please bring in a labelled box to the medical tent)
- Mobility scooter hire service (TBC for 2024)
- Queue jump for venues
Services for disabled, neurodivergent and d/Deaf people are managed by the Accessibility Team. We are based in the Accessible Camping Area (ACA), but work across the whole festival site. You do not have to be camped in the ACA in order to use our services or to contact us for help and advice. Please do come and see us. The more that we know about services that you would like and any problems encountered around site, the more we can help everyone to enjoy the festival.
The Accessibility Team do our best to help onsite, but we have found that the biggest factor in having a good time at a festival is the planning that you do yourself. Think through every aspect of how you will live on a campsite on a daily basis and plan ahead. The information here will help you but if you need more specific advice please contact us and we will try to advise you.
New for 2024
Shambala will provide a free car pass and / or campervan ticket for the Accessible Camping Area or Accessible Parking area for those who:
- receive Middle or Higher Rate DLA
- receive Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- receive Attendance Allowance
- have a Nimbus Access Card with a plus one symbol
- have a recognised Assistance Dog ID Card
- have a certificate of visual impairment
- are registered as d/Deaf
If you meet the above criteria there is no need to purchase a vehicle pass in advance. Please apply for your vehicle passes via our Accessibility Application Form.
Other applicants hoping to reserve a parking space in the accessible parking area or space in the ACA should first purchase a standard event vehicle ticket for your vehicle, than apply via the Accessibility Application Form before 1st August, quoting your Ticketsellers booking reference.
FOR MORE ACCESSIBILITY INFO PLEASE SCROLL DOWN AND CLICK ON THE BOXES BELOW