We Are Family!
Shambala is a very family-friendly festival, with a wild side. We do everything we can to make the festival great for the whole family, whilst maintaining the music, magic and mayhem!
“Of all the festivals I have been to it is still the friendliest and after watching my friends with their children last year I knew this year I could not leave mine behind.” UK Festival Guides
Making it easier for families
We know how tiring a festival can be for families with little ones. To make life easier we provide:
- A dedicated and flat Family Camping Field near to the car park with compost loos, hot showers and wash basins
- Dedicated Family Live-In Vehicle Field near to Family Camping
- Kid-sized loos!
- Woodland adventure area for kids with free-play, nets and nature workshops
- Focus on ‘free-play’ activities in the Kids Field
- Wheelbarrows for loan to help get your kit from the car park
- The family yurt – a dedicated space for families with children, the hub of family camping, with veteran festival families on hand all day to offer information, advice and warm hugs. Wake up singing every morning and go to bed with cocoa, fire and stories every evening.
Thinking of bringing a festival wagon or trolley, for transporting sleepy little ones? Our friends at Festival Kidz have put together a handy guide to the different options available – check it out HERE.
Check out WHAT OUR LITTLE SHAMBALANS GOT UP TO IN 2017..
Stuff for Kids
We are proud to have one of the most vibrant Kids’ Fields on the festival circuit. It’s absolutely jam packed all day with activities and entertainment. Make monsters, build badges, design costumes, get messy, draw dragons and so much more in the many art tents. Try hula hooping, race on the crazy bike track, get bouncy on the trampolines and learn some circus skills.
There is also free face painting, a puppet tent, music making, toddler play and workshops, games, animation workshops, random walkabout acts and much, much more!
We spoil your kids and make the rest of the festival kid friendly too. There are sandpits, climbing areas, workshops in the Craft Field and Enchanted Woods and, as always, surprises at every turn.
You can also get involved with the epic Shambala Carnival, crazy golf, swinging chairs and fairground rides. And don’t forget the popular bedtime stories with cocoa in the Family Camping Yurt.
The Bees Creche
You can book your 2-7 year old’s into the Bees Creche for a 3 hour session. More info HERE
Shambala Bush Camp
Fancy a night remembering how it used to be? Send your 8-12 year old to have an inspiring experience off site at Shambala Bush Camp for a whole night! More information HERE
Bringing babies or toddlers?
We have a Camp Site Shop selling everything you could possibly need, and The ‘Young Families’ Campsite is stewarded to maintain buggy size gaps between tents so you can actually get home.
After the success of the Toddle Inn (early year’s workshop tent) in recent years, you can expect another jam -packed programme of dance, sing-along and fun tailored to the 3-5yr olds.
Family related festival reviews: