We’ve just totted up all the different charity and fundraising initiatives run before and during Shambala 2017 and we’re beyond proud to announce that with your help, we have managed to raise a grand total of £85,616 for a myriad of charity initiatives and worthy causes this year.
To highlight just a few…
- Our highly visible heroes, the Oxfam Stewards, helped keep the whole event ticking over.
- FRANK Water kept you all hydrated in the glorious sunshine, whilst raising funds for sanitation projects and safe drinking water in India and Nepal through the sales of our reusable steel bottles.
- Donations from our reusable steel bottles also went to the RAW Foundation – who campaign tirelessly against plastic pollution.
- Skipchen served up delicious food that would otherwise go to waste, to raise money for Help Refugees.
- NOSH Community Cafe kept you fed and fuelled for dancing, with proceeds supporting social and charitable activities in Northamptonshire
- The lovely volunteers giving out your wristbands on the gates raised much needed funds for The Bansang Hospital Appeal in The Gambia
- Temwa’s on-site phone charging raised much needed funds for community projects in Malawi.
- Love Specs made heart-shaped magic happen in front of your eyes, with the profits going to Love Support Unite.
- Energy Revolution turned the carbon emissions from your travel miles into investments in renewable energy.
- The funds raised by hot drinks and delicious cakes served up in Rebel Soul’s cafe went to a variety of grass roots causes.
- Those beautiful flags, fluttering above the Shambala stage represented your donations to In Place of War.
A HUGE thank you to everyone of you generous souls who donated and contributed to this amazing result – your donations will make a real difference to both people and planet.
The Shambala team x