Meat and Fish Free
In 2016, we went meat and fish free to spark the conversation about how our diet shapes the world around us. You can read much more here
We recognise that the food on our [compostable] plates has far reaching impacts. For many years we have been taking significant steps to understand and keep our food supply chain ethical and environmentally sound – as well as providing good quality and value for our festival goers. Our many cafes onsite willingly work with us to adhere to strict food policies and often go further by choice.
- All on-site food traders must:
- Serve 100% organic milk and dairy
- Serve only UK or European fruit & veg – and only Fairtrade bananas
- Serve only free range and organic eggs
- Only serve Fairtrade (or equivalent) tea, coffee, hot chocolate and drinks
- Agree to not serve ANY Coca-Cola or Nestle products on site
- Only use non-toxic, biodegradable cleaning products
We recognise cafes that achieve the highest standards with our annual ‘Inspirational Trader’ awards. See the winners in 2017 HERE.
You won’t find Coca Cola or any other mass-scale beverage on our site, and no single use plastic packaging either.
We source alcoholic drinks as locally as possible, working with many local and small-scale brewers and distillers. We provide organic options for our main lager and around 30 ales! We work with companies that share our ethics, and our main volume lager comes from a brewer that has won awards for being the most environmentally sustainable beer producer in the UK.
WHERE IS YOUR BEER COMING FROM?
91% of the beer you buy on site is sourced from within 70 miles of the festival (with 3% being from within 15 miles!)
86% of the beer on site (and 89% of the wine) is vegan.