If you’ve already got the app installed, head to your app store and hit that UPDATE button.
If you’ve not got the app installed, search SHAMBALA on your app store and look out for our logo – or, if you’re reading this on your phone, click HERE to find it on the Apple Store, or click HERE for Android.
- The app contains full line up information, including a clashfinder, and allows you to create your own schedule – reminding you 15 minutes before your ‘hearted’ acts begin.
- You can also check out our traders, their menus and explore all our different venues.
- New for this year, our map function allows you to drop a pin where your tent or van is, so you don’t get lost stumbling back to camp!
- Check out the Sounds of Shambala section for a whole heap of exclusive mixes, and every episode to date of the Shambala Speaks podcast!
- You can also upload your creations or photos to The People’s Gallery, or upload any cool events you’d like your fellow Shambalans to know around, year round, to the Community Events calendar.
IMPORTANT: The app is built to work offline, but ONLY if you download it before you get to site. Signal on site can be a little temperamental* so if you want to use the app, download it at home on your wifi.
*That said, you’ll be pleased to know that we will have public wifi hot spots available this year for the first time ever, to help you find your friends and do any urgent internet bits and bobs – you can find them in The Fuzzy Duck, The Wonky Cock and Public Info. We’d still highly recommend downloading the app before you get there though.
A FEW ‘APPY THANK YOUS….
The Shambala app is bespoke built and a real labour of love. With that in mind, we’d like to give our developers – the incredible Nickless brothers from BOMA, a big shout out. We were super uncomfortable with using a lot of the big, off-the-shelf festival apps which subject their users to intensive data harvesting, so instead, with the help of this pair of very clever eggs, we built our own – one of the most data ethical apps out there. HUGE thanks to Pete & Dan, for all their hard work.
We’d also like to thank the hundreds of eager Shambalans who have joined our app beta-testing group, helping us test the app, giving us feedback and ironing out any glitches – what a hugely helpful community we have.
LAST CALL FOR PAPER PROGRAMME ORDERS…
f you’re more of a traditionalist, and prefer to have a printed, souvenir version of the programme (or just don’t like the idea of being on your phone at a festival) this is your final call to pre-order the Shambala Printed Programme. We’ll close pre-orders on 8th August and get ’em all posted out to you shortly after. The paper programme is packed with full listings, as well as a host of exclusive content from recipes to games and sneaky top tips from HQ… pre-order yours HERE.